Subzero's 2016 Cruze SQ Build Log

If you don't mind me asking, how did the aftermarket radio workout for you? Did you lose functionality with some car features? Any unforeseen problems that gave you issues after the install? Does the stock display still show some items, such as the heating and cooling setting when you change them, temp, time etc.? Do steering wheel controls work at all? The reason I ask is because I have the 2012 chevy cruze LS and lately have been thinking about swapping out the head unit for an aftermarket upgrade but I have read so many horror stories of so many problems in doing so. I am decently knowledgeable with car audio but I just didn't wanna get myself into a Pandoras box with it either. I am currently at a crossroad, I have done a loc off the rear channels for the subs but now getting ready to redo/replace the doors mids and highs and add a second amp to the new sets I install. Just trying to plan it all out but debating which way to go, another loc off the remaining channels or upgrade the receiver. Any input you have I'd appreciate. Thanks
They temp and time work fine. I declined onstar and Wifi. once in a while I get glitches, but after I reset key, everything is fine.

Frosgate 15s where pulled out and sold. They didn't do the trick. But they did ok for one competition: Built it for the fuck of it. Then I swapped them and sold em BNIB.

I built a battery rack for the comp and demos:

pics will upload later. work *****.

2A622FB4-140F-412A-9C53-52E5CD85E86C_zpsku1xzsrm.jpg

6E9FB356-6267-4E56-8ED0-0CBDFB5CCB5B_zps9889knwv.jpg

0ABB4450-A35E-4698-96B0-3E7E4AF2AC3B_zpsrvtr0jcx.jpg

11455609-2CCF-4E6B-929F-04303B8F13EA_zps6rfggech.jpg

A883D4DD-0B75-49DA-ADAC-E11E1592762E_zps7qsln2pv.jpg

2E3E25E8-5DBE-4123-B120-9A5A2594A83A_zpsaxvuykfv.jpg

Rack will be cleaned up later.

New project pending.

357D224C-6861-44BE-A293-D5D6BADB21DE_zpsafcautuh.jpg

4BF6243E-2DC2-4891-99BB-F9E9F8F6438B_zpsjt1axbfn.jpg

That box is awful small for two 15s... and u used them then sold them as BNIB? Because that's very dishonest if that's what u did. Used is used.
I swapped them out. Warranty thus BNIB subs where sold... . I know it was small. You're not schooling anyone. I wasn't built for a serious keeps. I was playing around.

........ Keeping up with this since i'll be needing to run a stock HU with the wife's system in her car.
I used the JBL MS8 front two channels high level in to the high level front out of OEM deck. Everything worked fine. I changed out the deck later for a dvd touch screen that can stream and do flac files. ITs pretty simple stuff.

I used the JBL MS8 front two channels high level in to the high level front out of OEM deck. Everything worked fine. I changed out the deck later for a dvd touch screen that can stream and do flac files. ITs pretty simple stuff.
I'll be doing a setup in a 2015 Audi Q5 and there is no replacing the factory HU. I'd have to wire in a second one. The factory is wired in to too many things with the electrical in the car itself.

I'll be doing a setup in a 2015 Audi Q5 and there is no replacing the factory HU. I'd have to wire in a second one. The factory is wired in to too many things with the electrical in the car itself.
MS8 will suit you fine. If you have issues with tuning, hit me up. This piece of equipment can be confusing.

They temp and time work fine. I declined onstar and Wifi. once in a while I get glitches, but after I reset key, everything is fine.
Did you put the maestro, on my jeep i maintained the factory stuff bybusing this thing called maestro. By the way your build is sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd be careful with it, the 2700 was junk and pretty much all of them died, I think they fixed the issue thought.
Still working strong.
That looks beyond nice and good choices on sq - focals are insane $. Have you always been a pioneer guy or did you do some research that made you decide to go with pioneer ? I just bought a HU and originally bought a pioneer then replaced with kenwood. I've HD both both in the past and loved both but this new layout that kenwood is putting out , really caught my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I choose Focal 100KRS because they are shallow and fit my application perfectly. Price point and functionality are what sold me on the deck.
simple, active network crossovers. Sometimes its not the name brand nuthugging game bro. Its using the equipment that works best for what you need.

Did you put the maestro, on my jeep i maintained the factory stuff bybusing this thing called maestro. By the way your build is sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks. Yes this car is very musical. Built for daily SQLoud jamming and competing. I'm loving these new subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.