The Slowest Fiesta ST In The World

Participant count
  • Participant list

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Louisiana
It all started with an accident:

Yes, I wrecked my beloved 1997 Mazda Miata. I needed a car FAST. So I just went to the Ford dealership and picked the only car there with a stick besides the Mustang GT that I couldn't afford. A 2016 Ford Fiesta ST.

It isn't much, but it's a pretty cool car. It's turbocharged, pretty quick, and handles very well for what looks like a normal person car.

Well I put a tune on it, a short shifter, and a stiffer rear motor mount, but now I've recently gotten back into car audio. I want it to be as loud as possible without spending too much money. But besides just getting loud, I want to get good at making boxes. I understand basic box design but I've never constructed a box before.

About 6 months ago I made my first box. A 4.3 cubic foot sealed box for a CVR 12. I had Home Depot cut the wood, and I used Titebond III and clamps to put it together. And I used a jigsaw to cut the hole:

I put it in my brother's Tahoe. It sounded great for what it was. Hit the lows good just because the box was so big that the sub moved A LOT.

Anyway, after about 4 months of that, I wanted to make another box. This time I built a box for a JBL GT5-15. It's a cheap $70 sub that is now discontinued. I made the box 1.5 cubic foot sealed.

Now things are getting semi-serious. This was the first sub I actually put into my Fiesta. It was pretty loud. But I built the box a little too small. It didn't hit the lows like the kicker did. I thought 1.5 cubes was the MAX recommended size for sealed but it's actually the minimum. I don't think I will make another box for this sub but we'll see.

Another thing that I had to learn was the matter of Line Out Converters. Usually I would have an aftermarket HU in my car but this time I had to use the stock HU. I had never heard of an LOC before the day I decided to put the 15" in my car. But it was pretty simple to understand and it's hooked up now. I tapped into the signal from the passenger side rear speaker and I mounted it inside the b pillar panel. It's just a Scosche Walmart LOC for now but an AudioControl LC2i is coming shortly.

This is a picture of the scosche LOC:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k107/SantaOMGProd/F74AE754-61F4-41C3-B243-34574F5FBF71_zpsxyri7yrr.jpg (link because image limit).

Now we are where we are today (March 11, 2017). I have built my most recent box, a 2.0 cubic foot ported box. It has 2 3" aero ports tuned to 35hz. This was the first box that I cut the wood myself. It didn't come out perfect but it came out better than when I let Home Depot cut the wood. No gaps at all, just the panels are a little long or short, by maybe 1/16". This box was also the first time I used a router, and a jasper circle jig. All in all, I'm proud of this box. It's not pretty but it bangs!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k107/SantaOMGProd/615FF0CF-2AE0-443E-9927-71DD42BDF3B6_zpsadlnh5wd.jpg (link because image limit).

I have replaced the Kicker CVR 12 and my pawn shop amp (400 watts) with an SA-12 and a pioneer 1200 watt amp. **** really does get down for what it is. And I have now positioned the box to where the box is right next to the passenger side wall and the port is aiming right at the corner of the hatch wall on the passenger side. Now my wipers move a little and I can float a receipt in the window a little bit.

Here are some videos of my current setup:

And that's all I got for right now. I'm gonna order some pizza now.

Oh and before I post this, I just want to say thank you to all the people on here that have helped me in the past and have continued to help me everyday. I ask a LOT of questions, but really that's how I learn. Most notably Jeffdachef.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add another sa 12 both sub up port back or sub up port up and double up on power and you should be mini hair tricking.
Yeah that's my goal!

I'm gonna go experiment with my box position some more. I still haven't tried sub up port back yet. But really I don't think it could get any louder than it is now. Angling the box so that the port is in the corner on the passenger side REALLY woke it up like A LOT.

This is not an update on my build, but it is bass related.

I had the opportunity to meet up with my friend that has a company(?) called Bassahaulic Productions. I met him on Facebook and I've been trying to meet him for a while. Here is a video of me getting my 145db, 150db, 155db, and 160db+ cherry popped! He has 4 15s walled on 14k! This was an awesome experience! He metered 161.5. At 37hz I believe.

The first clip is my friend, the second clip is me. My friend didn't get it on video but I had to plug my ears. He turned it up half way (I guess) and I was like "**** this is ****** loud!" And then he turned it up some more and I was like OMGGGG!!! He set off two car alarms across the parking lot. And my hair was moving when I was taking a video from 3-4 feet out the vehicle. Shits insane.

I legit could barely breathe. I was kinda starting to freak out lol I've never been in anything like that before. Link to his channel is in the video description.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.