Subwoofers with great low end

atoz2

Senior VIP Member
I'm having a hard time deciding on new woofers, im looking for really responsive low end. I love shaking things. I know it's very enclosure specific but the enclosure will be tuned to around 30-32hz and I'm looking for 2 15s, looking to run off around 6k. been looking at so many woofers it's literally driving me mad. Any suggestions I'm open to anything just looking for some help.

Also this will be more for musical I don't intend to ever meter. And also what makes a woofer better at lower frequencies?

I'm having a hard time deciding on new woofers, im looking for really responsive low end. I love shaking things. I know it's very enclosure specific but the enclosure will be tuned to around 30-32hz and I'm looking for 2 15s, looking to run off around 6k. been looking at so many woofers it's literally driving me mad. Any suggestions I'm open to anything just looking for some help.
Also this will be more for musical I don't intend to ever meter. And also what makes a woofer better at lower frequencies?
sundown zv4s, X series, Tantric HDDs, FI SP4,

Or get a tantric SHD 18 and feed it that 6k with a very nice overbuilt big efficient box tuned to 28hz. OR better yet, have interchangeable ports so you can experiment with tuning. Hell, do 25hz tuning extension with an octoport if you need to.

^^ every listed sub would be great choices..... Id go HDD then Z4 but not the cheapest either...

P.S - U got the proper electric to run a true 6k amp??? That's gonna be one hell of a draw depending on use of it....

sundown zv4s, X series, Tantric HDDs, FI SP4,
Or get a tantric SHD 18 and feed it that 6k with a very nice overbuilt big efficient box tuned to 28hz. OR better yet, have interchangeable ports so you can experiment with tuning. Hell, do 25hz tuning extension with an octoport if you need to.
The fi sp4 catch my eyes, I would go HDD but I've been talking to mylows and he says they currently have no motors. Thanks a lot by the way!

Any of the big subs from the top names will give you what you want. Some are more specialized than others. That for you to decide if you just want lows or you want to be able to play anything good. The more bandwidth you want the more you will pay for it. The more customer service you want the more availability you want to lower wait time you want. All can matter

I was look at tuning to 28ish what do you recommend
About that. Don't skimp on port area to lower tuning or you'll sacrifice output. Use too much port area and it'll have a ridiculous peak, which is what some people are after

I was going to tune to 25-27 when I got three 21's. They're going to be wardens if I can't find another similar Z motor

i modeled the fi sp4 the other day and it loves low tuning, the response curve was pretty **** **** and it seemed like i could get substantial peaks the larger the box i used

obviously 10 cubes for a 15 is ridiculous but this is 25hz tuning

f871c5c0e1589816f202344b7c645546.png

i modeled the fi sp4 the other day and it loves low tuning, the response curve was pretty **** **** and it seemed like i could get substantial peaks the larger the box i used
obviously 10 cubes for a 15 is ridiculous but this is 25hz tuning

f871c5c0e1589816f202344b7c645546.png
I never would have though about getting sp4's I'll probably have to get a new enclosure but they definitely look like they can handle some power. They've definitely caught my eye I probably going to order this coming week. But I'm still keeping my options open if you guys have any other suggestions.

Ps. This forum is an incredibly helpful tool and all you guys are crazy helpful so thanks again.

The zcon handles the low notes without issue and sounds great doing it. It's depends on what amp you have and what electrical, like stated by others but if everything checks out I would do either the tantric HDD or AA mayhem. If you have 6k+ I would go with sp4 or ssa evil

Look for subs with a low FS...the lower the FS the lower the sub will comfortably play. (generally speaking) If you plan to tune ported around 28hz look for a sub with an FS lower than that. There should be plenty of 15's that will have an FS lower than 28hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.