Subwoofers not playing

Participant count
  • Participant list

iwanturmags
10+ year member

asfsdf
I'm guessing it's a defunct amp or something anyways I just installed a kenwood amp 800 watts rms and 2 350w kenwood subs. Now the gain is set at exactly halfway and i never REALLY crank my system up to loud anyways so I can't imagine I've blown anything. Anyways, I've had it installed for about a month and everything sounded fine and then a few nights ago it cut out for a few seconds (at around 25 vol, which is loud). The next day it kept cutting out at around 25 vol. Now It'll play when I first turn the car on but as soon as the vol. goes above 10-15 it cuts out and doesn't come back on. Also, coincidentally or not, my left turn signal stopped flashing =\. The amp during the cutting out process does not lose power or go into protect. Anyone have any idea?

I figured it out..kinda sorta? I used a test light and found out there's no hot going from the battery to the amp..was difficult to find that out though considering the amp is still turned on..but there's no power at all going to the amp? weird.

test lights aren't very helpful. you need a volt meter to know the voltage - that will tell you a lot about what is going on. where did you ground your test light?

make sure your amp ground is tight, where is it grounded? check your sub connections, a loose wire would cause that also.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.