Subwoofers are Cutting Out After a Little Bit?

Captain Innes

Hello, sorry if this is a common problem, I did my best to search for a solution and couldn't find much... but I was also looking for some tuning help on top of it all. So here we go.

My setup has been running fine, until I was driving a little further and longer one day and after about a half hour my subs cut out for maybe 30 seconds then came back... Aaaannnnnnddddd after a minute or so cut out again... Then came back, and so on and so on...

Not sure what the issue might be, maybe I have things tuned incorrectly which brings me to my second question about how to properly tune for best sound and potentially avoid this cutting out???

Here's what I'm working with though:

Pioneer AVH-1500DVD

2 12" Kicker Comp - 4 Ohm - 300w Peak/150 RMS - 27-500 Freq Response

Sony XPlod Xm-zr18552 1000w - 2/1 Channel

Might be thermal shutdown on the amp. Check and see if it's running hot next time it does it?

Tuning might have other indicators of problems. A box that is too small and sealed may not have enough coiling for the voicecoils on the subs and can cause failure. A box that is too big sealed (acting like free-air), or improperly tuned ported can have speakers unloading below tuning and causing anything from distortion to bottoming out.

Maybe it's possible that your amp is cutting out because of some protection feature. It could be Under/overvoltage; Clipping or Overheating. It'd be cool if you'd check that for us. If those aren't of issue, try specifying what equipment you're using so that the more tune-power savvy people can figure it out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.