subwoofer with out enclosure

d1reyad
10+ year member

nyc
hey everyone i want to replace my subwoofer that comes on my mazda 6 2009 stock with a aftermarket but i want to know if i am going to get good bass since is on the rear top with out a encloseure is just gona mount in the center where the old sub use to be ANY ADVISE ON THE BASS QUALITY I AM GONA GET

hey everyone i want to replace my subwoofer that comes on my mazda 6 2009 stock with a aftermarket but i want to know if i am going to get good bass since is on the rear top with out a encloseure is just gona mount in the center where the old sub use to be ANY ADVISE ON THE BASS QUALITY I AM GONA GET

id say ditch trying to go with the stock enclosure and get something aftermarket and build your own enclosure. it would sound better and be louder

id say ditch trying to go with the stock enclosure and get something aftermarket and build your own enclosure. it would sound better and be louder
He's talking about the stock IB setup.

Make sure you buy a sub that performs well infinite baffle. You'd also benefit from sealing the trunk up.

if i was to just an 8" jl w6 with an enclosure just replacing the stock and adding an amp would i get good bass

what would those other brand be cuse i am not using an enclosure i just wana replace the stock sub with a good aftermarket

I dont know for sure any of the new subs that work in IB, the old punch series fosgates did really well. wait for some answers, someone will chime in.

when i said lots of options it was because you said this :

"8" jl w6 with an enclosure "

an re8 in an enclosure would be awesome. the new rlp quarts are awesome , you can put a 12" in a .80 cf box and it pounds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.