Subwoofer wiring help - 3 dvc subs 4ohm

customgtp

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dec 30, 2020
USA
Hi. Signed up because I'm going crazy. I've done single, dual, and 4 subs before. Never 3 subs and it's been awhile for me too.

I have 3 4ohm subs that I'm trying to wire together and bridge on an amplifier that's 2ohm stable. Guessing it would be a 3ohm or 2.6/2.7ohm from what I've seen... Confused.

Right now I have each dvc subwoofer in series. Would make it 3/8s right? And paralleled all together that would make 8 and 8 is 4ohm on 2 subs... then that 4ohm combo to the last sub series in 8ohm to 6ohm right?? Then bridged would be around 3ohm?

Or am I paralleling them each... 4ohm to 4ohm is 2ohm each speakers then series... (math) first two subs 2ohm to 2ohm series is 4ohm... Series to the last 2ohm is 6ohm?? Then bridged would be 3ohm?

Please help or direct me 🙏

Attachments

customgtp

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dec 30, 2020
USA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm assuming these are right but just making sure these diagrams aren't considering half the ohm load due to bridged or mono amp. I don't want to go below 2ohm.

Attachments

customgtp

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dec 30, 2020
USA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
3x DVC 4 ohm subs

Each individual sub in series would be 8 ohms

Then 3x 8 ohms in parallel would be 2.67 ohms.
Okay... Thank you! But if I'm trying to bridge a 2 channel 2ohm stable amplifier?

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
Okay... Thank you! But if I'm trying to bridge a 2 channel 2ohm stable amplifier?
Then you'd want to run the 6 ohm setup--> series/series @ 6 ohms. 2 channels that will run at 2 ohms by themselves usually only run 4 ohms bridged (as 1 channel). I would really recommend getting a mono block or just rethinking your system entirely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Most posts - Past 30 days