Subwoofer volume cuts in half when switching gears

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys, hoping to get some feedback to this issue that I've been having for the past year and a half or so. Initially I was running a 13W7 with a 1000/1 amp in my Honda Civic. I had decided to get a battery isolator in my trunk to allow the system to just be run through the Kinetik battery I had in the back. I started to notice somewhere down the line that my bass volume was not what it used to be. Didn't think much of it but the lack of power was really stumping me. I had my audio shop check all connections, upgrade my wiring, check voltage and even remove the battery isolator to no avail. I was thinking that maybe there was something wrong with my amp and maybe the sub was just overkill in my civic so I downgraded the power and bought a brand new 12W6 with a 600/1 amp. Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue.

Nobody at my shop knows what I mean when I state that the bass volume cuts in half but I'll do my best to explain it to you guys. Sometimes when I start my car, the bass volume is really low, like maybe 1/3 up to 1/2 the usual power. While driving, it'll come back on full power but then cut back to the less power randomly. Other times I start the car, the bass volume is at normal power and if I end up parking my car, or switch the gear to reverse, neutral, etc, the bass automatically cuts in half. I have no idea what the reason for this is and the only for sure thing I can state is that the bass volume power fluctuates when something triggers it like switching gears. Have any of you ever had this issue or even experienced this issue? Any insight or help would be much appreciated.

1st check ground make sure no paint under it and make sure it's tight.. mine used to be louder at idle than when i drove i checked volts at amp while wife drove saw 1.5volt drop when car was running so i unhooked voltage booster i had solved problem.. point is could be battery/alt problem or alt belt slipping...

It's actually an automatic transmission and just to clarify, the bass volume only cuts in half when shifting from D to P. Doesn't happen when shifting to N or R.

Yeah, we've removed sub and checked wires. Everything seems good to go. Don't even know where else to look. Only thing for certain like I've been saying is that I notice the power fluctuate when shifting from D to P

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.