Subwoofer to go with Rockford punch 800a2 - Need Advice

Cheezledzul

Can anyone advise me on what subwoofer I should run with this amp.

Thanks in advance

Parameters:

10"-12"

Single Sub

$200 or less preferred. Although I can go a little above if necessary.

*** I am looking for a very crisp, clean sound. I dont want a muddy sound and will not be blaring it to the max.

I listen to a lot of 80&90s rap/hip hop as well as edm (think more mainstream like carnage, Swedish house mafia, hardwell, zedd etc)

Current Setup

2014 ford focus hatchback

-stock 6 speaker setup

-stock head unit (may upgrade in the future)

-Rockford punch 800a2 amp

The music is for my enjoyment if that makes sense, not the public.

Amp specifications. (I don't really know what I'm looking at)

Rockford Fosgate Punch 800a2 200 x 2 Car Amplifier at Crutchfield.com

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftec...nch2ch_MAN.pdf

I see a lot of brands that are not the usual alpine, mtx, ken wood, Bose, JL, etc.
Is there a reason why
built better, lasts longer, more motor force for controlled excursion, higher Xmax, lists actual Thiele small parameters so designing an optimal enclosure via winisd pro is much easier. Handles as much clean power as you can throw at them without croaking. Louder and sounds great. JL w6 and w7s are nice sounding woofers but a dub7 is not an 800$ woofer

These are 800$ woofers.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/606015-fs-ermagerd-protos-12-15-18-a.html

Sundown Audio Nightshade v.3 12" 2500w RMS Subwoofer - SSA STORE

The c2 threatcon I mentioned has a similar sound to a JL w6 but can get louder and its at 1/3 the retail cost.

I see. I figured it was the typical name brand sells better. But I haven't seen any of these brands anywhere. You would expect them to be a little more known.

Any other opinions?

I would like to hear some more opinions so I can actually do some comparisons.

Is that 800 watts bridged @ 4 ohms? If that's the case, whatever sub you choose, get dual 2 ohm coils so you can wire to 4 ohm easiest.

I would recommend a Rockford Fosgate P3 12" since it matches the amp. Ported box tuned to mid-high 30hz range

Is that 800 watts bridged @ 4 ohms? If that's the case, whatever sub you choose, get dual 2 ohm coils so you can wire to 4 ohm easiest.I would recommend a Rockford Fosgate P3 12" since it matches the amp. Ported box tuned to mid-high 30hz range
Here is the info from one of the links

stereo, bridged mono, or Tri-Way output

800 watts x 1 in bridged mode

400 watts x 2 at 2 ohms

DSM technology

I can get my hands on pioneer ts 303w 12" subs?
Would these work well?

Are they the quality that I'm looking for or should I just get something new
I wouldn't spend the money on those but I would go with one of the subs listed above

mainstream commercially marketed equipment is what you know

non-mainstream non-commercially marketed for the masses equipment is what is being suggested

the choices of non or main is not a choice unique to car audio but exist in all goods, and the heads of these type offerings are usually very passionate users/competitors themselves

mainstream commercially marketed equipment is what you know
non-mainstream non-commercially marketed for the masses equipment is what is being suggested

the choices of non or main is not a choice unique to car audio but exist in all goods, and the heads of these type offerings are usually very passionate users/competitors themselves
I figured that was the answer. Do you suggest anything in particular?

The rockford sub I mentioned would be free. I don't mind spending some money tho

Is the amp I have even good or decent? Or is it low end garbage
This is a bad *** amp. Well built and built to last. I ran one daily at 2 ohms stereo for 2 years (when the amp was 13-15 years old) and it never gave me a single issue. I sold mine earlier this year and I immediately regretted doing so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.