Subwoofer stopped working, any ideas?

OnlyHappyWhenItRains

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm hoping the installation guy can take a look when I get out of work, but I'm trying to get an idea of what it might be. Worked when I left the house, then suddenly stopped working with USB and BT, but still worked with the radio. It started to work again after I played with the BT connection on the app for the DSP, but that shouldn't have made a difference in it playing at all so it was probably a coincidence...then it stopped working again with USB and BT...but a short time later it stopped even working with the radio. This was all in the space of my commute, so about an hour. I would just think something disconnected except for it still working with the radio for awhile. I only had the equipment installed just over a month ago so it's all brand new...

Oops...the other forum I'm on has a signature with my equipment listed and I forgot this didn't. I kept the factory HU, it's a 2018 Hyundai Sonata Sport. What I've had put in so far is a Rockford Fosgate DSR-1, JL Audio RD900 5 channel, and JL Audio W0V3 10" sub...trying to pick speakers now...

I have not actually looked at anything yet...i just pick the equipment and have someone else install. Although I've taught myself a lot and watched equipment being installed many times, it was years ago and I'm afraid to screw up and break something on my car trying to pull things apart in the parking lot of my building. Hoping it's just a wiring thing that can be fixed quickly, I'm going by tonight after work to have them look at it.

Id deff go by and have them look at it. Id ask for the installer to look at it as he may be able to pin the issue down directly, and you dont want to void any warranties for the installation period.They should fix the issue without charging you for it if its a decent and honest shop to make a customer happy with the money spent.

Id deff go by and have them look at it. Id ask for the installer to look at it as he may be able to pin the issue down directly, and you dont want to void any warranties for the installation period.They should fix the issue without charging you for it if its a decent and honest shop to make a customer happy with the money spent.
I stopped by the shop after work... but of course it started working a few minutes after I drove away from work! Had to set up speaker install and tinting so i went by anyway and he couldn't see anything in the connections. Then over the next couple of days the sub wasn't hitting as hard and the app kept disconnecting,  so I'm bringing it by in a couple of days for them to take a better look at the processor. They're a reputable shop and say they warranty their labor for life...I asked around before installing since we just moved here. Someone had said that their app started having connection issues and it turned out the processor needed a software update so hopefully that's all it is. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.