Subwoofer Selection advice

Hi
Looking for 12” pair for a Ram 2500 crew under seat box May get Net Audio 1 cube per side shared or

Fox Acoustic 1.55 per side ported. The port looks small in person though

Not ruling out 10” if it makes things better

Amp PPI Black Ice 7000 at 1 ohm (this could be flipped for something else)

Budget $500 for pair

200 amp alt with dual Batts big 3 all 1/0 Ofc

Net Audio

Mounting depth on these boxes is around 9″ for 10s and 8.25″ for 12s. All measurements are based off of a 6″ diameter magnet. The depth doesn’t change for a 10, but with 12s, they hit the sloped back wall of the box if the magnet is too big. For example, a sub 12″ sub with a 7″ magnet may only be able to be around 7.5″ deep, where a 5″ magnet sub could be 8.75″.

Fox

MOUNTING DEPTH: 7.25" WITH A 6.5" DIAMETER MAGNET

FINISH AND COLOR: SPRAY COATED WITH BLACK LINE-X BED
Just saying if the sealed box is 1 cube per side how do you think fox acoustics gained another cube of air space and had enough room for a proper port?

Pretty sure they didn't they may have 3 cubes total including port but I bet the box is something like 1.25cube tuned to 36-38hz.

If they can make a 3 cube ported box they should be able to make a 3 cubes sealed box then you could run a pair of 12s sealed easily and still dig deep with the appropriate driver like the sundown sd3, jl tw5, alpine type s and many others.

Personally if you don't have a correctly tuned ported box I wouldn't run ported. I like ported when I have the room but squeezing too much into too little results in a peaky frequency response. In which I'd rather have a oversized sealed box to lower the subs frequency response and still retain a smoother overall response, instead of the little bit more output

Just saying if the sealed box is 1 cube per side how do you think fox acoustics gained another cube of air space and had enough room for a proper port?
Pretty sure they didn't they may have 3 cubes total including port but I bet the box is something like 1.25cube tuned to 36-38hz.

If they can make a 3 cube ported box they should be able to make a 3 cubes sealed box then you could run a pair of 12s sealed easily and still dig deep with the appropriate driver like the sundown sd3, jl tw5, alpine type s and many others.

Personally if you don't have a correctly tuned ported box I wouldn't run ported. I like ported when I have the room but squeezing too much into too little results in a peaky frequency response. In which I'd rather have a oversized sealed box to lower the subs frequency response and still retain a smoother overall response, instead of the little bit more output
The FoxBox goes under the seats and are deeper.
I run 10's in mine because of the depth compromise.
ec80713a9e8629814c98e539420c4381.jpg
9099cfd0c6da87c381b5b5a2e26f5aff.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.