1.8cf ported Cylindrical 12" Sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

robert J

canada
I can put a 1.8cf (gross) sub into my spare tire space in my trunk. I am at a loss as to how to port it though. I imagine the majority of the port would be exterior, but would that work?

I am guessing this would have to be a sealed unit...

roundsub.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can put a 1.8cf (gross) sub into my spare tire space in my trunk. I am at a loss as to how to port it though. I imagine the majority of the port would be exterior, but would that work?

roundsub.jpg
If you have room for an Aeroport firing upward. Ive seen several tire well sub enclosures..even in sealed trunks ported up to the rear deck fiberglassed ect. Need to find a sub that will do fine in that airspace. It can be done depending on the vehicle and sub/subs/space.Never hurts to experiment. Thats how we learn from one anothers experiences from failure to triumph. If I had the time Id prob try it out myself with MDF first so it can be sanded and molded easily

I think you could easily do it in 1.7 cubes, especially if you use an external aero.

What sub you have in mind?

roundsub.jpg
Just external mount the port ..you won’t want to take up any of your air space

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.