Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

ccc-thomas

LA
I need some advice from the car audio gurus.

I am installing a two 10in sub enclosure into to a gmc sierra truck.

Fitting an enclosure underneath the seat seems limiting due to air space and mounting depth.

There are two boxes I am looking at currently. One ported and one sealed (links and specs below)

Ported Link 1:

MOUNTING DEPTH: 6.25"

INTERNAL AIR VOLUME: 1.05 FT3 PER SIDE

TUNE FREQ: 36 HZ

Sealed Link 2:

Mounting Depth For 10" subs = 6"

Volume: .81 cu.ft per chamber

2007-13 & New 2014-17 GM CREW CAB 2-10" VENTED

2014-2017 New Body Style GM Crew Cab Dual Downfire Box

I listen to rap and radio top hits mostly.

I currently have a sundown 1500 watt amp.

I know none of these options will have great spl but I prefer that over sq.

Sealed:I am currently thinking sundown sd3-10, Re audio ***,or jl w3 might for sealed due to the 6in mounting depth.

Ported: Mounting depths of popular subs

lethal injection 6.12

HDS2.110 6.6

Re audio *** 5.5

fi ssd 6.0

idmax 7.68

rockford p3 6.18

jl w3 5.93

dc lvl 3 6.25

skar vvx 6.9

sundown sa10 6.0

DD 2500 6.5

Based of these mounting depths it seems sundown sa10, re audio ***, or fi ssd are my only options for ported.

I known a lot of text but do yall recommend the sealed or ported setup and with which sub for my rap spl preference? And are there any other subs yall can think of that would be a better option to fit these enclosures.

Thanks for the feedback on that SD3 sub! It looks like a favorite if I am going the sealed route! I was looking at pictures of the Fi SSD and it looks like there isn't any vent on the back of the magnet, would that possibly be an advantage over the sundown sa in this installation since both subs are 6" deep and I have a 6.25" mounting depth on the enclosure?

Thank yall again in advance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...