Subwoofer questions

Participant count
  • Participant list
Fi SSDV4 and they have a new HC series that is 2500 watts rms. I would go Dual 1ohm and run it at 2 ohms if you are going to add a 2nd one down the line. I have a pair of Dual 1ohm Fi Xv3s and have it wired to 1 ohm. Otherwise if you just plan on buying the one then go Dual 2 ohm and run it at 1 ohm of course.

The SSDV4 has choice of different suspensions and with the cooling on it and in a 15" it would be 334.00 plus shipping. RMS is 1500 watts but I can tell you that they underrate their subwoofers rms ratings. I have those two Fi Xv3 and the RMS is 1,000 watts and I am using a 3.5K SIA right now and they want even more power hence why I am going to upgrade to a Cab-45 sometime later on this year.

Fi SSDV4 and they have a new HC series that is 2500 watts rms. I would go Dual 1ohm and run it at 2 ohms if you are going to add a 2nd one down the line. I have a pair of Dual 1ohm Fi Xv3s and have it wired to 1 ohm. Otherwise if you just plan on buying the one then go Dual 2 ohm and run it at 1 ohm of course.

The SSDV4 has choice of different suspensions and with the cooling on it and in a 15" it would be 334.00 plus shipping. RMS is 1500 watts but I can tell you that they underrate their subwoofers rms ratings. I have those two Fi Xv3 and the RMS is 1,000 watts and I am using a 3.5K SIA right now and they want even more power hence why I am going to upgrade to a Cab-45 sometime later on this year.

Thank you I will look into them

How much space are you willing to give up? There are tons of 15" drivers out there. The FI recommended above needs about 2.25 cubic feet ported as a middle-of-the-road guess. You could get 2 15's to run sealed in that same space and probably come out with more output. Not knocking the FI, it's a great sub.

You need to come up with a total budget, figure out how much space you want to give up, figure out how much power you want to run and factor in the appropriate upgrades, etc.

Matt

I'm happy with the Deaf Bonce 375's in my vehicle. They fit your bill: 15's, 1500w, under $400.

First time I've heard of Comando. Their subs look beefy. I don't like that they focus on "max" power verses rms, and they don't list prices. That's not to say they are bad; if you try them, please let us know how you like them!

3-5 cuft @ 32Hz

That is what Fi recommends. However I would talk to a designer first about your box, what music you listen to, the room you have and what power you are going to use along with your goals.

I'm happy with the Deaf Bonce 375's in my vehicle. They fit your bill: 15's, 1500w, under $400.

First time I've heard of Comando. Their subs look beefy. I don't like that they focus on "max" power verses rms, and they don't list prices. That's not to say they are bad; if you try them, please let us know how you like them!
They don’t show price because they only sell to retailers but they pretty cheap I was lookin at the 3k 15 it’s 1500rms 4 ohms is about $275

How much space are you willing to give up? There are tons of 15" drivers out there. The FI recommended above needs about 2.25 cubic feet ported as a middle-of-the-road guess. You could get 2 15's to run sealed in that same space and probably come out with more output. Not knocking the FI, it's a great sub.

You need to come up with a total budget, figure out how much space you want to give up, figure out how much power you want to run and factor in the appropriate upgrades, etc.

Matt
I just want 1 15 so I have have some space budget wise don’t really have 1 I’m not in a rush to get it done I have another build with chucheros

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...