Subwoofer question

Participant count
  • Participant list

jmcinvale
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I plan on using two SA-15 D2 - Sundown Audio 15" 600W Dual 2-Ohm SA Series subs in a sealed box that is 34" width 18" height and 18" depth. I plan on driving them with two JL Audio Slash v2 Series 500/1v2 amps. How well will that work? I am not looking for extremely powerful although that would be a benefit. I am really looking more for sound quality.

I currently have two 12" kicker CVR dual 4 ohm subs in two 1 cu ft sealed boxes powered by one of those JL subwoofer amps and they sound much better than they did running on a Rockford Fosgate P500-2 amp. I think one reason is because the amp tracks the speaker actual impedance and adjusts its power supply voltage to provide the optimal power output for the speaker impedance. I also have a JL 300/4 amp moded internally to be a 2 channel amp. Guy at work traded me those two amps for my two Rockford Fosgate amps (P400-4 & P500-1) and $175.00 because he wanted a different sound.

I only use the crossovers on the subwoofer amp and have them both set to 100 Hz with the subwoofer set to 24 db/octave and the preamp out to 12 db/octave as the system sounds best that way.

Another good thing is I already have a 150 amp circuit breaker near the battery for my current system and I will not have to upgrade the breaker as the total amps drawn by the three amps will be 140 amps. When I need to replace my battery I will use an Optima yellow top if it will fit my vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.