Subwoofer power inconsistent and sporadic?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Essellxx

Hi guys I have an Alpine SBR-512D4 12" sub powered by a kicker monoblock and I remember when I first got it. It was amazing and very powerful I loved it. And I can't remember when but the power seemed to have dulled and it starts to clip before it gets anywhere near as crazy powerful as before.

After months, yesterday it brought a smile to my face as for some reason it was banging again and shook the car and I ended up blasting it all day. I got into my car this morning hoping to have the same result but it was back to normal unfortunately. Still shakes the car but isn't as low or powerful and I've spent 10,000ks in the car listening and i can tell there is a huge difference in the quality without a doubt. I was wondering why this is happening?

How old is your battery in the vehicle? Have you taken and cleaned or renewed your connections or checked for corrosion even?Alternator working to its potential?If you have the Big 3 done even? It may be time for a new battery in the vehicle or alternator may be about to can out on you, and you may need check all your connections to see if you need to renew them back to a clean wire/copper wire connection getting rid of the corroded ends.May want to check your Fuse as well,for the supply, they dont last forever,and they get weak over time and need replacing as they get hot and cool down over time along with being exposed to elements.I replace mine once a year.I always look at my connections under the hood once a week or whenever I get new fuel and check my oil level for loose connections from road vibrations make sure secure.Takes like ten min or less when checking oil

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.