Subwoofer Popping

Participant count
  • Participant list

redford88

I have an Alpine IVAD310 powering my door speakers and a JL 500 by 1 amp powering two 10" JL W3V2s. Awhile back I starting getting a rumble in my subs like thunder that happened in every mode like radio cd and ipod then it progressed into an annoying popping i took it to a shop and they replaced the wiring because it was undersized. The noise subsided for a few days but is back in full force. The guy at the shop said that it was my head unit going bad and that was the cause for the noise I was just wondering if this sounds normal I want to make sure before I buy a new head unit and then the noise is still there. Thanks for any help.

Ryan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Maybe your amp gain is set too high, or wasn't set properly with the head units volume adjusted properly prior to setting the gain since you...
It's very likely this has to do with box rise and the fact that you should test for clipping along the entire frequency range that the sub plays...
Google and Ebay are your friends. Froma quick search and providing these are like new, $2- $400 for the subs and $2- $400 for the amplifiers...
dragon.breath, Many thanks for taking the time to help me out. It is very much appreciated and my small brain can understand it now. I have...
To do this magic, should the microphone always be kept in the driver's seat or on the dashboard?...since that is where it must go in phase with...

About this thread

redford88

redford88
Broussard, LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
redford88