Subwoofer output not working anymore

Participant count
  • Participant list

chardy85
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I recently installed a system for my cousin. She has a 1992 Cadillac Deville.

Her system consists of

Jensen vm8013 head unit w/3.5" screen

Factory Speakers

Cheap Scosche 2CH Amplifier

4GA wiring

Two 15W0-8 wired in parallel for a 4ohm Bridging on amp

It was working fine for a few weeks. She said she was driving and all of a sudden her head unit shut off....which had happened before when she blew a fuse.....

She replaced the fuse and head unit came back on. Amplifier is back on.....BUT subs are not working.

She said that there was a penny that had fell in her cigarette lighter and that is what she thinks blew the fuse. She said she had to get it out with plyers. UGH, she said that is what blew the fuse the last time......I know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

The only thing I can think of is that when the fuse blew it blew her internal ground for the RCA's......so maybe I can just ground the outside of the SUBW output to the HU chassis?

She lives a couple hours away so I cannot look at it now. I just wanted to get some opinions.

Thanks guys,

Curtis

you can try grounding the outer RCA part to ground like u said.... if the Head unit has a set of REAR pre out's, hook the rca's to that and see if u get sound.. if that doesn't work its gonna be the head unit,(assuming you verified that the amp is working and rca's are good goin to the amp. Hope this helps.

And also make sure the sub feature on the headunit's menu's is (ON).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.