Subwoofer not working with stereo upgrade. Assistance is appreciated!

Participant count
  • Participant list

hollieewood

Hello all,

I've run into a sort of predicament when trying to upgrade my aftermarket car stereo. I have a 2015 Chevy Sonic hatchback with an Alpine MRV-M500 mono block amp sporting a 10'' Kicker Comp VR sub-woofer in a ported box via 4g wiring. My current head unit is a Pioneer FH-X720BT. I have purchased an upgrade (Pioneer AVH-x580BHS) and hooked everything up a couple of nights ago.

One, I have noticed there is nothing coming from my sub. All wires are connected correctly, RCA wires are fine. The unit comes on and plays perfectly fine, and I have turned my sub-woofer output on in the settings, but still nothing comes from the sub. When I hook my old stereo back up to the wires, everything works fine. I even went and bought a different stereo to make sure it wasn't the RCA jacks on the back of the head unit, and I run into the same issue. Nothing is coming from my sub.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me solve the issue. I have a basic understanding of wiring, so I feel like I can swap out wires if need be. I'd rather not take it to get it installed due to finances. I think the wiring harness is slightly different for the new unit (I noticed there is a parking brake wire on the new harness that is not on the existing one) so would it be best to start by changing those out?

Any words of advice would be appreciated. I'm a little new to car audio, so I am probably overlooking something.

Thank you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.