Radio stopped after gutting my console.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Achileus2

So I have a 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer ES. I've had some subs in it for a while that were professionally installed two years ago. I'm not exactly sure what they did...but it's one big mess of wires electrically taped together in various places behind the radio box. The radio worked fine before...but I went to remove the woofers and cords as I am selling them. I reassembled the console and the radio, display, sound is all gone. Yet when the car detects my phone...the phone links to the bluetooth still. Nothing was touched or damaged to my knowledge (I've done this many times before) but the fact that removing inactive cords caused the radio to stop is perplexing.

The only thing I see is the yellow wire (assuming it links to the battery) was clipped together with a red clamp and I tried to take it off, damaging it in the process. The only other thing I feel it could be is the fuse...which I haven't chevked. It's odd because everything works on the console, caution lghr, air, bluetooth just not the radio. Any help would be greatly appreciated it. Could I have burned out the radio just by simply mishandling it?

Did you have a 4 ch amp by chance? Which could have powered your other speakers, not subs?

If so, might have to switch back, on the HU, to i.e. power.

Did you have a 4 ch amp by chance? Which could have powered your other speakers, not subs?
If so, might have to switch back, on the HU, to i.e. power.
That's very possible. I have no detail as to how the hooked up everything but before this process I wasn't using the subs at all. There was a box-like adapter for the RCA cables(which were inactive) and at the other end of the box adapter is a set of wires for the subs to meet the radio as well as a thicker RCA which connected directly to the battery. That thicker cord, I snipped.

Spaghetti wiring is the worse, esp if it's unknown, and not labeled.

It almost sounds like you need to either remove the unwanted wiring that isn't going to your radio, and just start labeling them. One by one. This way you'll know which is what and what it's for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.