Subwoofer Mystery Problem.

Participant count
  • Participant list

garin_griffith

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just completed a full car audio system install. Front door speakers, front door tweeters, rear deck, and subwoofer (two, ten inch). I also installed a Kenwood DMX706S headunit, alpine mono and 4-channel amp. After installing everything, wiring the speaker wire and RCAs, I turned it all on and everything seemed to be working, but my subwoofer audio was very muffled and unclear. I attached a short video below which includes the audio coming from the sub. Based off of the video, do you have any ideas what it could be? What other information should I provide that would be helpful?

Thanks a lot for your help my fellow car audio warriors.

Attachments

• 20210519_145237.mp4
    7.7 MB
I know what your thinking that it's like the auto on for the remote is causing the sub to play sporadically but I don't think that's what he is saying
I think he is saying the music coming from his subs is inaudible
I could be wrong
The problem with troubleshooting subs is it's something you feel as well as hear so it's hard to do with a 3 second video clip

It sounds like possibly an RCA issue to me. Broken or cheap RCA's that are damaged can do this when the bass hits, because it bangs the circuit closed and open and causes a ruckus. I'd definitely keep and eye out for that possibility.

We really need to know if that video was with no music playing or not, that would really help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...