Subwoofer Help

AcuraTL

Burnaby
Hey guys I just recently bought a car a few months ago. I bought a 2012 Acura TL Elite SH-AWD. Looking to put 2 12s that are around 600-900RMS. I have a list below and your guys opinion on deciding on what to get. Looking to make the purchase tomorrow online for cyber Monday

JL Audio W6

Rockford Fosgate P3

Kicker CVX

MTX 7512

Alpine Type R

DC Audio Lv3

Sundown SA

Digital Designs 2500

My goal is to have the loudest setup I possibly can with the subs I mentioned above. They will be all using the same amp which is a Rockford Fosgate T1500BDCP. Mylows10 you said any of the bottoms 3 does that also include the Skar VVXv3? and why would you go with the bottom 3? If those bottom 3 weren't there which mainstream brand would you go for?

Does voicecoil size matter? All the subs have 2.5" voicecoils while the DC one is the only one that has a 3" voicecoil. I was sort of leaning towards the Sundown SA or the DC. Which would you prefer.

Does voicecoil size matter? All the subs have 2.5" voicecoils while the DC one is the only one that has a 3" voicecoil. I was sort of leaning towards the Sundown SA or the DC. Which would you prefer.
if you don't have much space for a box, id go with the DCs, if you have more space for a box I'd go with the sundowns. You'll be happy either way as long as you build a box to spec or have a box built

I would take a 3" coil over a 2.5" coil any day. Thermal capacity is higher on a 3" coil. Yes the ex subs need a small box. All the other subs mentioned will need 2^3 per sub or more any of these SUVs will work tho being loud is gonna depend on the whole build. Not just subs and amp What's your electrical look like ? As this will help. Also have you deadened the trunk ? This again will help

Well its a 2012 Acura TL SHAWD so the trunk isn't that big cuz of the AWD system. Electrical is stock for now but will do the big 3 and have a XS Power batter up front and will have a small XS Power battery in the back. So the DC will will need a total volume of 2.5 cubic feet or bigger? and the sundowns will need a 3 or 4 cubic feet box?. My top three are DC LV3 with the upgraded parts, Sundown SA, and the Type R cuz there really cheap.

Well its a 2012 Acura TL SHAWD so the trunk isn't that big cuz of the AWD system. Electrical is stock for now but will do the big 3 and have a XS Power batter up front and will have a small XS Power battery in the back. So the DC will will need a total volume of 2.5 cubic feet or bigger? and the sundowns will need a 3 or 4 cubic feet box?. My top three are DC LV3 with the upgraded parts, Sundown SA, and the Type R cuz there really cheap.
Forget the type r. The sa subs will need 4 cubic ft for them to sound good. The dc subs will need 3cubes You'll also need a big 3 kit and 0 gauge wires

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.