Subwoofer help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Robablob

Okay so yesterday I bought 2 12" polk subs with a capacitor, and a 1500 watt amp.. After 5 hours of problems getting power to it all, I finally have power to the capacitor and the amp! The amp turns on and everything. But the speakers won't play... The rca's are in the right spot(subwoofer output on the HU) but no matter what I do it doesn't work, I changed the settings in the radio, I rewired the speakers to the amp, the speakers respond to my screw driver when I went to undo the screw the sub went off and made a really low bass noise and gave me a ******* heart attack. But no music plays.. All the wires are brand new, and the HU is only 7 months old.. Please help

I bought it off of craigslist lol.. It came as a package.. And the subwoofer setting is automatically on on my HU and I turned the "level" setting as high as it goes.. The amp is quantium audio solar series qsa1500D

Also will I need a high amp like that or could I go smaller
That amp will do 500 watts on its best day. Are the Polks wired to 2ohm? If so take out the cap and sell it to another newb and pick up a Alpine mrv 500. You did get ripped off if it's blown. Depending on the subs he got you bad.

Lmao I know there's electricity going to the speakers I got zapped using a screw driver undoing the screws to get the speaker wire out of the amp... And is there any amp I can pickup for the time being like under 100 bucks? I'm a little broke right now

Lmao I know there's electricity going to the speakers I got zapped using a screw driver undoing the screws to get the speaker wire out of the amp... And is there any amp I can pickup for the time being like under 100 bucks? I'm a little broke right now
That's probably your problem. Always pull the inline power fuse before you mess with the terminals.

The amp didn't work before I messed with the terminals. I bought a new amp and the subs are kicking HARD don't think I'll be hearing anything anymore. Thanks for the help guys!

The amp didn't work before I messed with the terminals. I bought a new amp and the subs are kicking HARD don't think I'll be hearing anything anymore. Thanks for the help guys!
Make sure you set your gains right and don't crank the dubbing or you'll be buying new subs next lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.