Subwoofer Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

V0LC4N!C

UT
Hey, just registered today.

Anyway, I just had a few questions on subs in general. I couldn't care less whether the guy 2 lanes over can hear my system. I couldn't care less if the sub I buy can go so loud it sets off car alarms. I couldn't care less if the sub is 40 inches in diameter. What I am looking for is quality. I hear that the bigger subs cant stop as fast so you get a blurred bass kind of sound. Thats something I'd not want. So I guess what I am asking is which subs will provide the highest quality sound? Which subs will give a BOOM instead of a FWOOM. I don't mind size. I want quality and performance.

Thanks

What box size are you willing to fit?

How much power do you have available or are willing to run?

What frequency range does the sub need to play?

Are you specifically looking for a very light and crisp sounding sub?

What is your budget?

Any box dimension constraints that would limit subwoofer size(diameter and depth)?

Do you care about looks?

There's 10,000 options out there, so you'll have to narrow it down a little more.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Also, big subwoofer does not equal slow. I can show you a very light and crisp 15" woofer and a very slow and muddy 6.5" woofer. It's all in the design and engineering.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Oh sorry, heh, that might help. I am kinda lacking in knowledge of this kind of stuff so forgive me if I give unnecissary information or what not. How about this:

I drive a 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage 2-door Coupe, automatic (X_X). I can't get into the stupid trunk as of now, its jammed. Just consider its a smaller car. Anyway, I'd be willing to spend up to 200$ per sub but try and keep it cheaper. I've got no modifications to my battery...I just bought a Pioneer head system that pushes 50x4 watts of power. It's got 1 output jack. I'm gonna need an amp I know but I thought I'd buy subs then fit an amp to the subs. Should I do it the other way around? Buy an amp then subs to fit that amp? Does it even matter? I know the amp has to be able to push a certain amount of power to the subs. I dont really care about looks...I am always function over fashion when its this kind of thing. I also dont have any prebuilt boxes. I've got a friend that knows how to build OK boxes so I'll have him help me with that. Anyway, yeah, I would prefer quality over power or loudness. And yeah, by quality I mean a cleaner sound. Like, I dont want the BVVVVVVP!!! BVVVV-VVVVP!!! that sounds like a diesel with the muffler off it. It'd be nice if you guys could start naming some of the better names in subwoofer manufacturing. I guess I heard Image Dynamics was pretty good. Any truth to that? Anyway, hope this helps...thanks guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.