Subwoofer for SQ!

jt34237
10+ year member

So there are a lot of opinions out there as far as subwoofers are concerned and would like to know some suggestions based on experience... I'm looking for a sub with tight accurate sound. I'm not a bass junky but definetly like to feel it and know it's there when it hits. A good friend of mine likes audioque but I'm afraid this may be to much. I'm going to have a nice set of comps for the front and have a small car. My budget for the sub would be around 300.... I listen to house music and rock so I'm going to have it in a sealed enclosure. Some of the brands that I've look into are kicker cvx's, alpine type r, and audio que. I'd like to only go with 1 10 or 12 for now. Any thoughts? Sound quality is number 1 priority! I don't need to be heard 2 blocks away.

RWE-352 - MB Quart Reference Series 15" 1400 Watt DVC Subwoofer

1 of these would be perfect, I own one of these and for the $$ its awesome and sounds excellent when listening to rock, metal, and it will hammer should the need arise. The box size is crucial to these however, sealed .75 cuf, much bigger and it will sound "boomy" and terrible. no ported boxes either. if you want to, i wouldnt recommend it, but on their ebay store you can get 2 for $200 shipped

RWE-352 - MB Quart Reference Series 15" 1400 Watt DVC Subwoofer
1 of these would be perfect, I own one of these and for the $$ its awesome and sounds excellent when listening to rock, metal, and it will hammer should the need arise. The box size is crucial to these however, sealed .75 cuf, much bigger and it will sound "boomy" and terrible. no ported boxes either. if you want to, i wouldnt recommend it, but on their ebay store you can get 2 for $200 shipped
One of my buddies has a set of these 15's in a 3 cubic foot box with an old RF1500 on them and they sound amazing, I would reccomend them to anybody looking for sound quality, Plus they have some decent output for an SQ driver.

Thanks guys... so it seems to come down to Image Dynamics, MB Quart, or AudioQue... I think I may go with a 10 to start to see where it's at then upgrade later if need be. So as far as brand is concerned... are certain brands geared more towards Loud vs. SQ... like Digital Design to me would be geared more toward the guy going to competions looking for high decibels and SPL. Audioque would be another example of competition style speaker. I don't want to compete, I want a club/concert in my car. Looking forward to listening to the Pulse album by Pink Floyd once the setup is done!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Possibly look into an FI Q. Great sounding sub, gets loud, and right around your price range.
x2. I had a q12 in 2.5 cubes ported at 30hz off 1200rms and it sounded great, it was a little weak in the 60-80hz range but at 27hz it was amazing at least to my spl oriented ear. As long as you have a nice set of comps that will dip down pretty low and cross everything thing over well it will sound great.

Thanks guys... so it seems to come down to Image Dynamics, MB Quart, or AudioQue... I think I may go with a 10 to start to see where it's at then upgrade later if need be. So as far as brand is concerned... are certain brands geared more towards Loud vs. SQ... like Digital Design to me would be geared more toward the guy going to competions looking for high decibels and SPL. Audioque would be another example of competition style speaker. I don't want to compete, I want a club/concert in my car. Looking forward to listening to the Pulse album by Pink Floyd once the setup is done!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I would stay away from audioque as there driver's are a bit more spl oriented and tend to like to be tuned a little high and are not designed to run sealed, not bashing AQ in any way though, I have 4 sdc2.5 15's on the way right now:veryhapp:

Just did some checking in on the FI Q and that one looks very nice. To many choices!! God!! So Image Dynamics, FI Q, MB Quart, and Audioque are on the decision list. I was pretty set on the Alpine Type R's for a while but look like these have been bumped for the list.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.