Subwoofer for SQ and low bass

pope
10+ year member

on automobile standby
kmet
I need a subwoofer ASAP.

I mostly listen to rap, but also listen to breaks/soul+funk+jazz+rock fusion

Let me know best subwoofer and box to get.

I have SQ in my mind than SPL; but I love that low-end boomy bass on hip-hop/rap.

Research tells me good options are: a 12-inch Elements Designs A-Series 12" , RE SE 12"s or Adire Shiva's on a sealed box.

Let me know if this is best for my goal. [sQ for low bass on MOSTLY rap + breaks/soul/funk/jazz fusion]

Also let me know if you think I should swap out my current PG RSD65's for another component/speaker set-up.

I have a 2oo2 Subaru WRX Sedan.

I currently have a component front stage, Phoenix Gold (PG) RSD 65cs powered by an Aura amp rpm2300

My budget is average; I do not have cash for w7 level stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mb quart rwe352's 15's work well in 1.5 cubes each and are by far the best $100 15" your gonna find handles 700 rms with a 2.5" coil

i am not sure about 15's bcuz i want SQ and i also listen to other genres outside of hip-hop but... i understand the 15's can hit lower

The shiva x2 or lms-r are going to be type of subs you want to look at. They hit ridiculous lows and still sound great, IMO the shiva x2 is one of the best values out there right now.

nice stang, im researching all the subs you guys posted now. i'm glad for the (QUICK) help.

IMO the only 2 worth looking at from silenkiller's list is are the sa-12 and the fi q. The rest aren't really known for being sq oriented subs. And thanks, its my baby

i am not sure about 15's bcuz i want SQ and i also listen to other genres outside of hip-hop but... i understand the 15's can hit lower
FYI sub diameter has nothing to do with sq. My lvl 3 18's will catch lots of spl oriented 10's won't. 10's are no more accurate than 21's it's all in the tsp's of the subs. It's an old wives tales 15's only hit lows and 10's will catch the midbass hz it's all in the subs.

FYI sub diameter has nothing to do with sq. My lvl 3 18's will catch lots of spl oriented 10's won't. 10's are no more accurate than 21's it's all in the tsp's of the subs. It's an old wives tales 15's only hit lows and 10's will catch the midbass hz it's all in the subs.
Agreed that sub quality, box quality, and install quality play the biggest roles.

But right now I am only thinking one 12", would I really need two 12's or a 15 to achieve my goal ?

Fs doesn't mean all that much once you enclose it.

You'll need an amp for whatever you decide on. Staying away from some of the "supersubs" will help reduce the perceived "need" for a big amp. Since you said that you're on a budget that can be important. That said, don't feel that you need to match the amp power to the rated power of the sub. Sub ratings are a max, not a requirement or a goal. The sub setup that I've been the most happy with was getting a whole 25% of it rated power, sounded fantastic and got plenty loud enough to shake the car.

Consider that if you go with a powerful amp you have to feed it. Now you're talking about big power wire and extra batteries if not a high output alternator. Throw any concept of a budget out the window.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.