Subwoofer Enclosure Mistake...PLEASE HELP!!!

Participant count
  • Participants list
I paid a guy to make me a box. He did a great job but he ended up putting the subwoofer mounting hole on the wrong side, so the problem I was running into is my subwoofer wood hit the port wall before it's all the way in. So I made a hole in the port wall to fix the issue, and the subwoofer fits perfectly, but now I'm wondering is this hole going to make the box sound horrible...Does anyone know if I need to be concerned about this????

Pictures Below...

you just ruined your box...should have used mdf rings on top to raise it up enough so it wouldnt hit... too late now, only option i see is seal port opening and run it sealed or get new box

The guy who made the box for me offered to make me a new one, so I'm good to go...Thanks for the help and I will ask before doing anything myself next time.... Hopefully there won't be a next time

i assume u had box made long and "thin" because u don't have depth but if u can i'd make box 2" deeper should solve problem, or like they said just add board (or 2) to front of box..

Should have cut the hole where you wanted it and put a plate over the wrong hole or used spacer rings or added another baffle to the outside to raise it up a bit. If you absolutely must free hand a circle cut, a rotozip would be the best tool to use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.