Subwoofer driving me crazy

What's up guys, you've probably already heard a similar problem but i did research and still can't find a definitive answer. It's a pioneer avic-d3 head unit, Rocksford fosgate sub, amp and capacitor.

I'll just state that when the sub did work, it bumps.. Or thumps once whenever I turn the car on or off.

One day I hit a pothole and the sub stopped working, sometimes id hit another pothole and it would work until the next bump I would hit. Than for a little while it wouldn't work even when hitting bumps, but would work if I turned hard enough, it would work for the duration of the turn. Now it doesn't even do that, except for maybe a couple days ago it worked for an hour now doesn't. I'm completely clueless, my RCA's are fine. Wires have a secure connection, I don't know. I want to figure it out before I have to take it to a place.

I would assume that you've got an "air gap" on your hands. I know you checked the wired connections but did you check the grounding point of the amp?

Check positive connection at battery terminal,

Check fuse connection on positive line

Check speaker connection on terminals of sub

And if everything is secure than you've got a loose connection on your actual sub, like voice coil short or something.

Seems like there is a thread already about this situation? You Trolling this to death, or is if this is a lagit question, check all your wiring/connections, and your subwoofer configuration to match the ohms value stability of the amplifier,as well as getting your electrical voltage output checked out for FREE at your local Autozone/Orileys/ect

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/555793-weird-subwoofer-problem.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.