Subwoofer and Amp help

Participant count
  • Participant list

lolingirunarlol
10+ year member

Iceland
I guess my other thread got deleted, oh well.

I posted a thread few weeks ago concerning a full audio build, and I was going to buy a 15" Alpine Subwoofer.(must be Alpine, buying them in Iceland)

Now I have changed my mind, I'd rather have 2 x 12" or 2 x 10" typeR's subwoofers

The following will go to the car(unless ofcourse, you have some other suggestions for me):

CXS64 V2 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 4 Ohm Component System

ZRS-1502 - Cadence 600 Watt 2 Ch Competition Amplifier

DEH-6300UB - Pioneer CD/MP3/iPod/Pandora Reciever

I have a 1999 Honda Civic hatchback which has a limited space in the trunk.

(too many urls, check comments)

This is a picture of the same car with 2 x 12" woofers. I want to be able to put the trunk shelf over the woofers, so they can't be seen outside the car.

I will be buying a custom made box, so the shelf can be put over the woofers.

But according to the owner of this car, the sound quality decreases when the shelf is put on top of the woofers.

So would it be better for me to get 2 x 10" woofers insted, more airflow = better sound?

Could you guys please help me with this, I am no expert.

So which one should I take? Should I get 2 x 2ohm's or 4 ohm's? What kind of amp should I get, and should it be 2ohm's or 4ohm's?

It would be best if you could fint a amp on woofersetc, because I am buying it from that website

Thanks in advance, hoping for replys - buying this stuff in a few days!

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/28148_413151744001_773579001_4975202_8298380_n.jpg

If I could, I would buy some other subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A friend of mine bought two 12" subs in USA and when he was bringing them home, he had to pay a few hundred dollars(he said) for some kind of a box that they were put in(due to the large magnet). I am going to call the airport tomorrow and ask them how much exactly it costs.

Those subs are pretty cheap compared to the typeR's in Iceland($385 for one SWR-1223D/SWR-1243D, crazy), so maybe it would be better to buy them in the USA //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.