Subwoofer & Amp Install Questions: RAV4 OEM Audio System

Participant count
  • Participant list

Parker888

CarAudio.com Newbie
After upgrading my front component speakers, I purchased a subwoofer and amplifer that I think will work nicely with my 2017 RAV4 "Entune Premium Audio" system (which lacks a subwoofer); you can see what I purchased here: https://www.skaraudio.com/products/single-10-sdr-series-complete-bass-package-with-amplifier

I have a few questions which may help me attain a competent installation from one of my local shops:

• I was told by one installer that my RAV4 OEM head unit is connected to a separate OEM amplifier located in different part of the car. Is this true? If so, where is the OEM amplifier?
  • Does my OEM amplifier have a crossover adjustment that can be used to stop sending very low bass frequencies to the front speakers when a subwoofer is added?
  • Does my OEM amplifier have a phase adjustment?
  • Although my new 750 watt subwoofer amplifier accepts "high level" inputs, I was told by one car audio installer that a line-out converter (PAC SNI-35 that sells for less than $8 on Amazon but he would charge me $50) is still recommended to protect the OEM amplifier from feedback that could destroy it. He also said the converter would help "amplify" the signal. Are these claims true? [I think the installer may have meant "adjust" the signal rather than "amplify" the signal; I doubt English is his first language.]
Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.