Subs wont stop "humming"

B14CKL15T3D

First I will describe my system. Pioneer head unit. A 400w kicker amp powering an Alpine type-R 12" sub. An 1800w kenwood amp powering 2 JVC 12" subs. (I still have stock speakers and am working on that).

My problem is with my kenwood amp. For some reason they wont stop humming. (very loudly I might add). I've tried multiple things and narrowed it down to one thing in particular. when i disconnect the red RCA cable the humming stops, but only the red one.

I've tried new cables, still nothing. tried to switch them around same thing. any ideas?

Ultimately I have a feeling its my amp. (or at least the connection in the amp)

how sure are you that this is the problem? because it only happens when i turn my music up. If i start my truck with the music off it doesn't happen but the instant i turn my music on it happens and wont stop until i unplug the RCA or shut off my truck. Also this didn't always happen i had it hooked up for about a week and then boom it started.

its the pioneer headunit.

pioneer = crappola

they had fused the ground on the rca's for a few yrs and when micro fuse blows it searchs for ground via ur antenna normally....

It's not the head unit either because when i had my old Kenwood in there it did the same thing. Also when I switched the cables around it didn't do anything to my other sub and amp.

Ground loop isolator did not work. When I plugged it in no sound came out when I was playing music. I looked at all the wires again and all have good connections. Any other ideas?

I think you're problem is that you're running 2 different sub stages in one car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif Don't mix equipment.

Problem solved. When I rearranged the speaker wires it fixed itself. My guess would be that the wires were touching one another and when i pulled them out and arranged them it fixed it.

Thanks for everyone suggestions!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.