subs up?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just changed my subs to face up (boxes face is angled towards rear btw) and it made them a good amount louder, even though i have maybe 2 inches between the trunk lid and them. Is there a reason for this? I dont see how having no airspace infront of them makes them louder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif But yea since doing some experimenting today ive figured this setup is the loudest in my car, so when i go ported with my new subs should i go subs facing up? What about port placement? Or an angled face on the new box? I may just go sealed with the new ones that way i can build the box myself and save some money, or either go with aero ports. Btw how much of an effect will dynamatting the trunk lid have?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.