Subs not working with BT

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jclips

CarAudio.com Newbie
Denver
Not sure if I'm in the right place but I hope I get the help I need....So I had my subs and amp installed so apon completion the tech turned on the radio and everything working fine. On the way home I switch my source over from fm to bluetooth, major change in sound.. got home and notice that when I use fm radio my subs work perfect but when I use bluetooth from phone subs dont work.BTW while in BT the amp and sub are on but doesn't knock like in fm....i have a 2018 nissan Altima stock stereo 2 12" rockwood fosgate p1, 500w kicker mono amp. I use a galaxy a21 to play bluetooth and i use spotify..think i gave all specs apologies if thread is long

Ok different music sources do make a difference in sound output and you are experiencing that. The stock radio must be not providing enough voltage to move the subwoofers. Consequently, you can do this....using your multimeter check the voltage on the speaker output on the amp, firstly, with the radio, then other sources, BT, CD, USB etc. The culprit is the stock head unit, so to remedy your situation, you need some thing like an Audison LC6i, something to increase voltage to the amplifier signal between the head unit and the amp. You will see a big difference if you take this approach. If new is out of your budget then troll her for a second hand one. Even a Audison LC2 will do the job. Hope you find out and get it installed if you are not competent to do it yourself. Lastly, learn to use a multimeter, its your best friend when it comes to car audio or any car electrics/ electronic issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...