Subs not getting Loud any more?

looks like your alt is 130 amps. maybe try adding a battery in the back. oh and also did your titan have to go in for the elecrical system problem? this was a recall.

well the alpine may be 80 amps plus what ever the rockford is so your well over 100 for sure. i would guess around 120 or so amps.
that does not really help me on the preouts man, a simple yes it has three sets of outs or yes i ran three sets of rca's to my amps would of been better. or maybe a yes the front outs from my hu go to the 4ch amp and the rear output is split to go to the 4ch and my sub amp would help too.

how many sets of rca's are ran from the hu to your trunk?

can you control the sub amp with the subwoofer control on your hu?

yes it has three sets, i believe each the sub amp has one rca to it, and the 4 channel has two rca's to it. yes i can control subwoofer level wit the head unit.

try running it again without the 4ch amp and see if its loud again. looks like your alt is 130 amps. maybe try adding a battery because your probably drawing more than your alt can handle with the amps and everything else in the truck.

oh and also did your titan have to go in for the elecrical system problem? this was a recall. im not sure what it consists of but it may be worth looking into.

i doubt he is having voltage problems, especially with 1000 watts. I think it is something else
i cant see how it isnt? it is a voltage/current problem of some sort.

he was running 1000w until he added the 4ch:fyi:

op. look and see what model that 4ch rf amp is.

i wouldn't guess more than 150 watts for the 4 channel
how can you tell. maybe its 400-600 or more. i wouldnt say any less than 200 though even if it was only rated at 150 an older rf will put out much more than rated. for example an old 200w rf amp may require a minimum of 50a fuse and is more than capable of 500+ watts.

if he unhooks the rf amp and it is loud again then that will sum it up.

you have to also remember that there are more things drawing current than just his amps. you have to run everything else in the truck too. it may take an average of 50 amps to run everything besides the amps. we dont know.

op does your lights dim alot when your system is turned up?

cant recall it ever happening to me. been doing this for over 16 years now. i have noticed when i add or upgrade the amp on my highs it takes some away from my subs because of more current draw from the amp on my highs.

cant recall it ever happening to me. been doing this for over 16 years now. i have noticed when i add or upgrade the amp on my highs it takes some away from my subs because of more current draw from the amp on my highs.
i think equipment just fails after a while and doesn't work as good, even though it doesn't show signs of it.

well until we get more info from the op were stuck.

im not ruling out the posability there is an issue with one of the pieces of equipment. he stated this issue came about once he installed the 4ch. so the first thing i would do is unhook the 4ch and see if the subs get loud again. this will narrow things down a good bit. then i would maybe try a different amp on his highs if he has one. i would guess he may have a weakening battery/alt or is drawing more current than he can consistantly supply. but like i said we need more info.

how can you tell. maybe its 400-600 or more. i wouldnt say any less than 200 though even if it was only rated at 150 an older rf will put out much more than rated. for example an old 200w rf amp may require a minimum of 50a fuse and is more than capable of 500+ watts.
if he unhooks the rf amp and it is loud again then that will sum it up.

you have to also remember that there are more things drawing current than just his amps. you have to run everything else in the truck too. it may take an average of 50 amps to run everything besides the amps. we dont know.

op does your lights dim alot when your system is turned up?
this is what is wierd, i unhooked the 4 channel and the subs sounded the same. when i say i unhooked it i took out the ground.

what is even more wierd is, before the 4 chan. amp , the lights use to dim alot, now with both amps they dont dim as much...

the 4 chan. is at least 100 per channel.

i will meter the sub amp and see if it even has enough voltage..

do you have a link to/ about that recall?

Also to add.... I think the battery may be weak, can this dramatically kill bass out put?

you should never just unhook the ground from the amp. better to pull the inline fuse to it or unhook the posative or remote. but if you dont have inline fuse i would totally unhook the amp/ i mean unhook it all. and also it sounds like you had current issues before you installed the 4ch if they were dimming badly before hand.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.