Subs keep blowing.

No.... no you didn't. That doesn't even make the littlest bit of sense, and the odds that 5 different people told you that is astronomical.
You made that **** up didn't you?
***** i didnt make **** up you think im just practicing my typing? read on them an i bet you will more then 5 people who say these subs cant handle an were never meant to run at 1ohm

***** i didnt make **** up you think im just practicing my typing? read on them an i bet you will more then 5 people who say these subs cant handle an were never meant to run at 1ohm
nope.

100% incorrect.

Please try again.

also, you could probably use some practice typing anyways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Wow. Boss audio is your problem. Everything you have is just wrong. Worst possible equipment. Buy a good amp for a cheap price such as the precision power phantom series 900 I beleive for like 189 shipped.

(quick search)

By

Andreas M (FT WARREN AFB, WYOMING, US) - See all my reviews

This review is from: PAIR BOSS AUDIO P156DVC 15" 5000W Car Subwoofers 2 Subs (Electronics)

These subs are good for a cheap system with a decent amp and a good amount to bass to be heard around the block, I've purchased the 12 and 15" version of this sub and the 15"s are by far much better than the 12"s. The main thing about these is they seem to handle their rated power but exactly at 4 ohms, if you run them parallel and drop them down to 2ohms or even 1ohm on a pair than these things will smoke up before you even know it. So stay at 4 ohms and these things are great, also the cones look cool but very flimsy and flexible, I can't really complain much on this because the subs are cheap and hit very hard for their price. Overall 3 stars.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

im sure if i kept looking i could find alot more

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

go buy one an test it on 500rms at 1ohm

lol, Andreas sounds like quite the expert.

You should do some reading into basic electronics, you sound like a ******* idiot, and judging by the fact you believed those reviews just re-enforces it.

those subs are crap, that's why they keep blowing. I'm sure they blow at any ohm load with a true 500 watts rms on them if you're clipping the hell out of them, which I'm sure you are. cause they just weren't "as loud as you think they should be" so you cranked the gain and bass boost.

How did you set your amp in the first place, OP?

(quick search)By

This review is from: PAIR BOSS AUDIO P156DVC 15" 5000W Car Subwoofers 2 Subs (Electronics)

These subs are good for a cheap system with a decent amp and a good amount to bass to be heard around the block, I've purchased the 12 and 15" version of this sub and the 15"s are by far much better than the 12"s. The main thing about these is they seem to handle their rated power but exactly at 4 ohms, if you run them parallel and drop them down to 2ohms or even 1ohm on a pair than these things will smoke up before you even know it. So stay at 4 ohms and these things are great, also the cones look cool but very flimsy and flexible, I can't really complain much on this because the subs are cheap and hit very hard for their price. Overall 3 stars.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

So you can't tell this guy is a dumb *** from the start? Once again... Subs don't care. He was probely a idiot and wired his amp to low.

So you can't tell this guy is a dumb *** from the start? Once again... Subs don't care. He was probely a idiot and wired his amp to low.
he probably wire the same amp he had at 4 ohms, down to 1 ohm and the inevitable power increase cooked the shizz out of those beasts.

(quick search)By

Yes please do keep looking and post more of them. Its comedy gold! Seriously man..... that's just not the way a subwoofer works. Its just not. People who say it is do not know what they are talking about.

(quick search)By

500 watts is 500 watts is 500 watts, 1 ohm just means amp doesnt need to work as hard to put 500 to the sub.

i did a quick search for that post but everyone was saying these subs where never meant to see 1ohm
Do yourself a favor and think about the kind of people that run this type of equipment. Do you think they have any idea what they are doing? I would put money down that most are running them on way overrated 2 channel amps. Bridged way to low.

Actually at 1 ohm the amp is hotter/less efficient than at 4, so in essence it is working "harder" at 1 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.