Subs in 2002 Cadillac STS

Tbear1

Okay so i have a 2002 cadillac STS and i have pretty much everything set up, but i didn't want to take my stock deck out. So i bought a Scosche LC80 converter i had it connected to my sub in the back of my car and it sounds really good. Then someone told me my stock sub was hooked up to a stock amp so they're fighting for the power so i unhooked it and hooked it up to my door speakers. I wish it sounded as good as it did to my sub but it doesn't. My question is can i hook it up to my stock sub? Without it causing any problems or is it better to have it hooked up to my door speakers? Because if that's true i'll probably sell my stuff.

The converter wont take any power away from the stock sub all it is doing is taking a signal from the wires it shouldn't cause any type of power difference to the power going to your factory sub

Your stock speakers in your doors are not subwoofers; they are very strange bose units that dont like bass. You should reverse the wiring change you just made and let the stock sub keep the bass. If it is blown, find another one or simply unplug it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.