Subs Hitting when they want to?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jboy4

I just recently installed my subs in my new car. It worked for about 2 weeks but i noticed after long drives the subs would stop hitting from time to time. Yesterday the sub completely shut off. The amp is still powered and not showing any weird lights. So i started doing research.

first thing i read was how the coil in the sub could be ruined but thats not the case. I tested the sub on an inside system and it seemed to work just fine. So back to research. Now the install part of it could have something to do with the system but i'm thinking maybe a battery issue? I don't have blinking light or anything interior but i noticed my trunk light blinks now when the sub decides to hit.

I was playing with the settings on the amp and turned the gain to about 30% and turned the EQ to 50%. The sub started hitting for about 1 song.

I am wondering if my amp is clipping? The other issue that has crossed my mind is the connection inside the box/sub. I have read that they come loss or something and ppl solider them back in. Also i am going to add a capacitor tomorrow and see if its a battery power issue.

Anyone have any ideas to diagnose the issue further?

don't add a cap it's a waste of time. have you tried another sub in your car to insure that it's not the amp? id try that and see what happens, because if the sub worked on a different amp it's most likely not the sub.

I had the same exact problem. Check all grounds and your fuse connections on your positive. My ground wire had almost completely wiggled free and my fuse was horribly corroded. If this is the case for you switch over to ANL fuses if you aren't already using them and make sure your ring terminals are secure, whether they're crimped well or soldered.

The majority of my issue was my ground cord. I fixed that and now it hits nice.

But how should i set my settings?

Its like my amp is still clipping if i have my settings on to make it pound it will for a little bit then its like my amp clips out or caps?

My 3 biggest settings on my amp are Sub Sonic, EQ, Low Pass.

I also have a degree and voltage.

Any help would be awesome. Im running a Kick Solobaric L7 powered by Hifonic 900 watt amp or 960.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.