Subs get loud, but don't get that feeling.

Yea prefab FTL. My prefab was 3 cubes at 44 hertz and there were no lows. I now have a custom made 4.2 cube box at 35 hz that hits the lows nicely.

After you get a better box, you should sound deaden your trunk. I noticed a big difference in "feeling the bass" after I went from a nondeaden trunk to when it had 2-3 layers of raammat.

yea sounds like crap right now but i know its capable of more.
my pre fab box doesn't sound THAT bad. it hits lows alright, but not like it would if it were in a custom box. my pre fab box is tuned to about 36-37 hz, 3.65 ish cubes. i know i know, my **** speakers are SCREAMING for air.

I planned on doing the deadening as well. Possibly going to put in a custom HU at a later time. Do you think that the amp I have matches those speakers alright or to low power?

Thanks for all the replies and comments thus far. I've really got a lot to work with. I figured it was either my crappy box, my crappy "premium factory HU", or the Amp.

i installed a kicker zx400.1 and 12" BM in my brothers 09 corolla and you can feel it.. only 450 watts too

i dont even hear any rattles, they must have built that car really good (you prob have a spoiler that rattles)

000tsrty.jpg

your tuning is about 40-41 hz,,you have just over 1.5 cubes each,,you need a bigger box.What type of twelve does your friend have and whats his amp you are comparing your stuff too?.100 watts on each of those subs,they are laughing at that power,well maybe not in that box:). You maybe blocking to much air flow from the trunk to the front of the car.

Looked up my enclosure recommendations on Memphis' website. Thought I'd list them here in case anyone could comment on the difference between the pre-fab box and the recommended dimensions.

15-PR12D4 x 2 in Vented Box

Minimum : 3.00 / 45 / 12.5 x 2.5 x 13.75

Optional: 3.80 / 35 / 12.5 x 2.5 x 19

Mine looks close to the minimum. I don't think I could fit a much bigger box in the trunk it can't get any wider. Deeper is possible. Height no so much. Also is it possible if I wanted to could I seal this box? Would that hurt anything? Also could an issue be with me not supplying enough power to the speakers? The speakers can get plenty loud. If I wanted to trade up to a better amp if this is the problem what Memphis amp would be a good choice? I'm sealing the trunk and working on something for the spoiler to be immobile. Messing with the settings on the amp a bit was able to get it to produce lows that sounded much better/cleaner. But when I tried to raise them up they quickly became distorted or just reproduced terribly. Any ideas?

your running them 2ohm right?and yes your amp is to small you should find your self a 500 watt at 1 ohm or slightly bigger.i have been running mine on 500 a peice but i know when to say when with them:).If your trunk is that small you should try firing them forward and sealing the trunk off like thorshammer does.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.