Subs for a sealed box in altima

Participant count
  • Participant list

KY606

Hello all !

Ive been out of the car audio scene for quite awhile, needing some advice so i figured i would come here and ask the pro's !

Im starting a new build in my Nissan Altima this spring. Currently i have a RF-400 for the doors and 6x9's and a RF 1500-1 amplifier left over from my last install that i'll use for the subs. Im wanting to do 2 12's in a sealed box (dont wanna sacrifice alot of trunk space for a ported box) and i need some opinions on what subs would do good sealed.

This is my daily driver so i'm not that concerned about SPL.

Ive been looking between the American Bass XFL's, Fi SSD with the high xmax or Dc audio lvl 3 with the lvl 4 upgrade. I dont really wanna spend over 300 per sub but im open to other suggestions

the box im wanting to build will look similiar to this one from ZEenclosures except i wanna come out out a little more towards the altima logo for more chamber space if needed.

http://cdn3.volusion.com/aqxz9.hyt6t/v/vspfiles/photos/ALT07-2.jpg?1314335327

What do you all think would sound the best?

This was my '04 Altima. Single TC Sounds 15 sealed spare tire well glassed box, amp rack built on board behind rear seat.

25rh308.jpg

epkqe0.jpg

If you are stuck on sealed and have the power, 2 FI Qs would be pretty nice. With a trunk car though, I would definitely consider ported or pointing towards the cabin and sealing the trunk area from the cabin. I used to be a sealed guy until I had a trunk car and quickly switched my ways. Just so hard to get the output. Depends on how much of a bass head you are I suppose. Now I have gone back to a hatchback...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.