Subs barely moving everything is connected right.

Akis
10+ year member

chicago
I have one 15" L5 in a 1997 toyota camry with a hifonics brutos mono amp, the ground is reading out 0.00 ohms for resistance. There is no voltage drop, its getting constant 14.2 The turn on lead is fine the amp is turning on, and the rca's are plugged in. The sub is dual voice coil 2 ohm. We have them wired at 1 ohm. The amp is stable at 1ohm. Please help

Positive its wired right? Subs barely moving is what happened to me when I accidentally wired a pair of my buds Type Argh's to some strange resistance without realizing it. Same with my AQ's

everything on the amp all the levels are how there supposed to be, the power wire is fine all the wires are fine. I took the same amp box and sub and put it in my friends 650i and BOOM it worked it was going crazy but i put it back in the camry and it wasnt doing anything wired it the same way both times

u must be doing something wrong...equipment doesnt choose to work in one car rather than another...either u wired wrong, its a horrible headunit or ur not feeding the subs enough power...im guessing you either got the 1210 or the 2010 amp??

the wires are perfect we checked them a million times. the amp is 1600 rms the sub is 750 the subs are good and the amp is good it has to be something with the signal but we changed the head unit and same ****. that where i got stuck and i have no idea

I would check the gain setting on the amp. Might want to hook it to a buddies speaker to see if the same thing happens. Did it ever move ok and just stop moving?

i hooked up two 12" infinities to the hifonics amp and it was the same thing the were moving but they werent hitting .

make sure cross over settings are set correctly. and also measure what resistance you are getting at the amp from the sub. could also be faulty RCA cables. Had that happen to me once.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.