Subs are not working but sub is on and subwoofer isn't blown

Jahrome2301

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everyone
So I just installed a secondhand JVC KW-X830BT headunit and I'm running 2 10" subwoofers that is hooked up to a Fusion 1000w 2 channel amplifier.
So when I installed the headunit and tested my sounds, I realized that the subs weren't working but the amp is on so I tried a normal speaker and wired it to the amp to see if sound would come out to see if my subs were blown but no sound came out the speaker so I checked over all my wiring and all the wiring was fine. So seeing if anyone had any suggestions what could be the problem😁

What method are you using to send signal to the amp? Do you have rcas from hu sub out to the amp? Did you check continuity before you installed the rcas?

Bummer
As a novice I check the obvious first. Continuity of rcas? Are you able to verify output voltage from sub out? Stats say 2.5v. Verify at rca ends by amp.

Check to see if you have ac voltage on the speaker wire to sub for the amp. If you have already checked the settings on the HU check the gains and crossover on the amp. Try to use a different rca on the head unit and use the lpf on the amp.

You don’t need a splitter. Remove the RCAs from the sub amp then turn the system on and verify w a multimeter that you have 2.5 or maybe 1.25v on the rcas.

Everyone I found the problem it's the RCA cables, I had my electrician mate have a look and he pulled one of the cords halfway out and the subs started working so yeah new RCA cables it is😁😁thank you everyone for helping me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...