Subs are acting funky?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ALDJ253

I set up my subwoofers into my 04 Acura TSX w/ Navi about a year ago. A few months ago, the subs started acting all weird. I have to play it at more then half volume, then set my radio to max bass. Once it kicks in, I then return the bass level back to 0 on the deck. Sometimes this fixes, but sometimes this does not resolve the problem. When it isn't working, sometimes I can hear the subs trying to kick in, as in some notes get played, very very poorly. However, some days they work like a charm, which typically seems to be warm days.

I did buy them used, so my instinct was maybe they are going bad. However, I decided that I should check everything. This past week, I checked all of the wiring. I took each sub out of the box to see if they were starting to show open circuits or increased resistance, they weren't. I then rewired each of the, individually to 2 ohms (DVC subs). I tested the resistance at the ends of the wires, it read 2 ohms. I then connected them to the sub box terminals, and checked by putting my DMM in to the slots in the terminal cups. Both subs read 2 ohms at their respective terminal cups. I then checked the ground, thought that maybe the connection was bad. I checked it from the ground on the amp, to a local factory ground for the rear headlights, and the resistance was 0 ohms. So, I knew the ground was good. I checked the speaker wires from the mono block amp to the subs, those still had no resistance. I then checked all of the fuses, which are all fine. So, I then decided I should reset the gains. I did so, and it came out fine at 50 hz sine wave. I am at a lost about what the problem could be. Can someone please help?

The set up is a mono block amp, that has a line input that uses the factory speaker wires, which I bought speaker adapters to put the line input with. The subs are each individually wired, so I put both positives under the positive connection and screwed them both down, then I did the same for the negatives.

So sorry that this is a long passage to read, but I wanted to make sure I said all that I have done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.