Subs and RCAs....

Participant count
  • Participant list
So my sub is only playing thru 1 RCA channel....is that right or do I have bad RCAs. When I unplug 1 RCA it plays in either left or right, the other I get nothing.
A single RCA line contains 2 conductors, one is signal and one is ground, that's 1 channel and all the sub requires is 1 channel so..... Please elaborate.

A single RCA line contains 2 conductors, one is signal and one is ground, that's 1 channel and all the sub requires is 1 channel so..... Please elaborate.
No elaboration needed man....thts all I need to kno. So only one is for signal the other is a ground rite? I just thought it was a left and right thing. I'm new to this, an installed everything myself. Just making sure I'm doing it right....

A pair of RCA cables is enough for left and right, this cable would have two rca plugs at each end and have a total of 4 conductors, 2 conductors for each channel.

A single or mono RCA cable has 1 connector at each end and has a total of 2 conductors, the innermost conductor is signal and the outermost conductor is ground.

A pair of RCA cables is enough for left and right, this cable would have two rca plugs at each end and have a total of 4 conductors, 2 conductors for each channel.A single or mono RCA cable has 1 connector at each end and has a total of 2 conductors, the innermost conductor is signal and the outermost conductor is ground.
Ok, so wud u have an idea why I was getting static thru my door speakers? I reconnected them to my HU 2day. But I'll fux with it 2mar'o....just didn't have the time or patients to go thru all tht 2day.

Ok, so wud u have an idea why I was getting static thru my door speakers? I reconnected them to my HU 2day. But I'll fux with it 2mar'o....just didn't have the time or patients to go thru all tht 2day.
Is the power and ground on separate side of RCAs?

Try grounding your head unit RCAs like this

Also for your monoblock problem, Get an AUXillary to RCA plug and plug in into your sub amp and play music to see if you have the same problems. This will tell you if the issue is within the amp itself or either you have a bad RCA or a bad RCA ouput on the head unit.

A pair of RCA cables is enough for left and right, this cable would have two rca plugs at each end and have a total of 4 conductors, 2 conductors for each channel.A single or mono RCA cable has 1 connector at each end and has a total of 2 conductors, the innermost conductor is signal and the outermost conductor is ground.
I think he just wants solutions man, no need to go into details on how rcas are made.

Also for your monoblock problem, Get an AUXillary to RCA plug and plug in into your sub amp and play music to see if you have the same problems. This will tell you if the issue is within the amp itself or either you have a bad RCA or a bad RCA ouput on the head unit.

I think he just wants solutions man, no need to go into details on how rcas are made.
Not tht it's an issue, I just really wanted to no if I unplug either RCA shud my sub play either way? Bcuz like I said it plays wen both are plugged in but wen I take 1 out it doesn't, and wen I take the other out it dies play no matter if it's in the left or right jack. With no difference in sound, it doesn't sound 1 sided.

Is the power and ground on separate side of RCAs?
Try grounding your head unit RCAs like this

Yea they are separated....power cables are run down 1 side of my center console the RCAs and remote are run down the other, door speakers are run under the siding on their respective sides....

Wat cud I use to do this and wat does this do? Iv seen it a lot....

Not tht it's an issue, I just really wanted to no if I unplug either RCA shud my sub play either way? Bcuz like I said it plays wen both are plugged in but wen I take 1 out it doesn't, and wen I take the other out it dies play no matter if it's in the left or right jack. With no difference in sound, it doesn't sound 1 sided.
If your sub output is set to stereo on the head unit then you will need to plug both in or else the sound is uneven. For grounding head unit RCAs, its just speaker wire with jacket removed. 12 gauge 16 gauge 18 gauge all works fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.