Subaru WRX HK+Starlink with aftermarket HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ghackt

CarAudio.com Newbie
Miami
This is a strange one for me to figure out and I’m sure there is a audio guru on here that worked with this system before.

so I replaced my WRX headunit with an aftermarket. My car has Starlink telematics system. The radio was a plug in and play with retained OEM backup camera.

so after plugging everything back in my starlink above head light is red. The odd thing is I can hit SOS and the Roadside assistance and it works.

someone stated it’s because the impedance changed when I replaced the head unit so they said either the front tweeters or the front speakers which telematics controls needs resistance lower than 10ohm or 10ohm to get the light to go back to white(green) does anyone have any insight. I’ve looked all over the forums. Couldn’t find an article.

I wish I could help you but I yanked the Starlink box out when I replaced the HU in my 2019 WRX. It's a shot in the dark, but the cat here may be able to help you: https://www.autoharnesshouse.com/S1.html

I can't see how the resistance would have changed if you left the Starlink box and factory speakers in the car though...

id assume because the wattage of the replacement HU and output of it being rerouted.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...