Sub woofer not putting out like it should

jdowell

I recently blew out my 12" Rockford Fosgate SVC 2 Ohm. So I bought the same exact sub, except I took the 4 Ohm option. The sub woofer is powered by an Alpine MRP-M500 monoblock amplifier. Specifications on Alpine's website. When I turn on some music, or even a 50hz test tone, I get very little bass coming through my sub. So the signal is going to the speaker, but the power is lacking it seems. It stays the same pretty much without significant sound increases when I change the Gain/Bass EQ/LP Filter. Any suggestions on what is going on here? It is becoming very frustrating to me, I even mess with setting on the head unit and nothing really changes but the door speakers. Any help is greatly appreciated!

had the same issue with my ex :p

check and see if your new sub is a duel 4ohm or single 4 ohm, if it's a single your only sending half the pwr to the new sub.

eg -500w @ 2ohm = 250w @ 4ohm as a guesstimate, if your new sub is a duel you'll be fine just rewire it.

If you went from a single 2 ohm coil to a single 4ohm coil, then you just double your impedence so your amp is only putting out 1/2 the power it used to.

What kind of RF sub is it and what's the exact coil configuration? Single or dual 4 or 2? And then let's see how you have it wired... Sounds like your out of phase to me.

I figured out one of the terminals came loose, but still when i got it working it wasn't as loud as my last one. so I went back to the P1S2-12 and it's okay, but still doesn't hit like it used to, I think I'm just scared to push it so I don't blow it again, lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.