Sub wiring

No Kidden?? Ya prob so. I dont ever remember seeing the VFL series 10s in DVC2 Just DVC4s..Youd figure they would have some by now to run a single @1ohm load as most buy a single sub for entry level. I bought some of the First Run of VFL Hybrid 4480.1s and a 150.4 from Mylows on here that came from Bob. I still have the 4480.1s and 4 of the First Gen. 12 XFLs and a pair of XFL10s

I bought a single XFL12 in 2012 and ran it on a lightning audio amp. It was 1,100 watts at 1 ohm. It banged in a 2001 BMW convertible. The box was a pre fab for a 12
His Electrical may not be able to handle the 1 ohm load atm? He did not state that reading back?

I ran a single 15" AB HD15 on a MD3K with a 95 amp alternator and two AGM's in a 65' VW Beetle. Sometimes it comes down to what you want.

No Kidden?? Ya prob so. I dont ever remember seeing the VFL series 10s in DVC2 Just DVC4s..Youd figure they would have some by now to run a single @1ohm load as most buy a single sub for entry level. I bought some of the First Run of VFL Hybrid 4480.1s and a 150.4 from Mylows on here that came from Bob. I still have the 4480.1s and 4 of the First Gen. 12 XFLs and a pair of XFL10s

Do you like that hybrid amp? I've heard mixed reviews.

Do you like that hybrid amp? I've heard mixed reviews.
I like mine. They are the 1st gen. They bang theyre azzes off with good electrical. I think mine may be Protos.They will run .50 Not sure about the newer versions.I gained matched one on ea 12@2ohms later in theyre own Chambers(4)

I got the spot and wires ran for my 2nd battery but I haven't installed it yet. The box for the ssa icon 15's I'm planning is big enough that I'm gutting the back end of my car and to free up space, adding deadener, replacing all the plastic trim with wood so I can mount the distro blocks and amps securely...so dropping the second battery in right now would just be 1 more thing to work around...

My box is about 4 months out since my buddy found the guy who used to do all our boxes back in the day...since he still does a few on the side I figured it'd pretty cool to have him slap something together for me...

These 12's and the smart 3k are just to fill the gap til everything is done and ready for the big boy stuff 🤣

I'd just be better off running at 4ohm for now but if I gotta drop the battery in and work around it...I wouldn't be too messed up about it though...
Nothing wrong with that man. Any bass is better than none at all. Quite a few SQ guys will run @4 ohms all day long. Its usually cleaner than a lower Ohm load and not so hard on the electrical generally. I took all my big stuff out for now until sometime next year to do my last big build out. Then Ill tone it back down a little bit. I enjoy it and always will. It can keep you busy for sure. I like learning and seeing new Ideas and feed off of it. I always say.. Run what you got man.. Enjoy and take care what you have.

I bought a single XFL12 in 2012 and ran it on a lightning audio amp. It was 1,100 watts at 1 ohm. It banged in a 2001 BMW convertible. The box was a pre fab for a 12

I ran a single 15" AB HD15 on a MD3K with a 95 amp alternator and two AGM's in a 65' VW Beetle. Sometimes it comes down to what you want.
Those old Lightning Audio Amps were actually made by Rockford Fosgate and were very under rated. I saw a 150.2 running a pair of 15s in an S10 Xcab. Joker was gettin down.
My old CRV I did the ELD Bypass and it had a 90 amp alt.. Ran two AGMs.Had plenty of power. I never saw below 13 on a low note

Im actually running this wire set up in my personal. After you do the wiring on the subs. Check with a DMM the wires going to the amp it should read 4ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...