Sub wiring ?

I've never used a q2 ohm sub, but if it works like having 2 d2 ohm subs, it can't be wired to 1 ohm. 2 or .5 and 8.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not at 1 ohm.

you can't wire a sub that is quad 2ohm to 1ohm. It is physically impossible.

Your amp does not dictate what your sub is wired at in case you are very confused.

Here is how he said he done it. To get the 2 ohms you wire - 1and 2 with + 3and 4 to the amp , and wire the + 1and 2 to the - 3 and 4 on the sub. He said to get it down to 1 ohm instead of wiring the +1 and 2 to the _3 and 4 together on the sub, you wire it like the other voice coils to the amp as well. He said " your mono amp has 2 speaker connections they are wired in parallel internnally. So if you use two 2 ohm voice coils you get 1 ohm."

The book doesn't show anything close to this wiring. It shows like I stated before 8, 2 , and .5 wiring.

I have never had a Q2 sub so I trusted him to do it. I have only had 4 ohm, and dual 4 ohm subs.

the guy that told you that is a moron.

you have FOUR 2ohm coils correct?

1+ to 2+ to 3+ to 4+ and corresponding negatives= .5 ohm

1+ to 2+ = 1ohm 3+ to 4+ = 1ohm. in series it would be 2ohm

series wiring 1 and 2 = 4ohm 3 and 4 the same = 4ohm; parallel together = 2ohm; series together =8ohm

yes your amp is wired together internally. It won't change a **** thing in terms of wiring at the sub. You can only do it this way for each coil to share the wattage evenly.

"He" is a moron. Punch him in the face.

BRB

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.