sub wiring question thats been buggin me

limbs760

sandiego
so everyone is saying u cant wire 2 dual 4ohm subs to 2oms , but my hifonics brz 1700.1 is a mono block amp with 2 slots to put speaker wires (+-+-) so my question is can u wire a single dual 4ohm by itself to a final 2ohm load? speakers are gonna be wired independantly to 2 ohms to the amp will it still be a final 2ohm load? on 2 dual 4ohm subs? i know it sounds confussing let me know thanks for all the help.

My question is, why do people keep posting questions like these in the classifieds?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

wow so my kicker cvx's are getting under 300 watts a piece and this whole time i thought they were at 2 ohm load which is 1200rms at 2 ohms thanks for the help guys and my bad on posting this here guess i be wiring these puppys to 1ohm at 1700 watts

1DVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg

Here you go that's for one

Yea, it's still a 4 ohm load. Don't be confused by 2 positive and 2 negative terminals. It's still a 1 channel amp. It has 2 sets of terminals for ease of wiring so you don't have to cram 2 sets of speaker wire into a single terminal.

they are dual 4 ohm but not wired to 1 ohm the guys who hooked them up wired the subs individualy to 2 ohms then hooked them to my mono amp so i think they are at final 4ohm load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.