Sub solutions for 2004 Ford F250 Crew Cab

DJ Riggz
10+ year member

don't ride no white horse
I've got extremely minimal space and a oddly shapped back wall behind the rear seats of my 04 F250 Crew Cab Super Duty. Has anyone else found a good solution for subs back there? I'm going to look and see if the fold out tray under the rear seats is removable.

As for subs: I've not been keeping up w/ what's hot and new so if anyone could school me, I'd be greatful! I'd like to use my current amp if possible for maybe 2-3 10"s. Any shallow, but good mix between SQ/SPL subs that don't require a lot of room? The box will most likely be sealed.

Thanks in advance!

i am having the same problem with a customer and his F-250 and what i found was using a shallow mount 10" in a small, narrow enclosure. One thing you need to do is cut the back piece of carpet becuase it has a bubble in it that need to be removed.

cool. let me know how it sounds. i think my current amp will be too much for those subs though. know of any other shallow subs that can handle my amp?

If its a supercrew, 4 dr, Im putting a 12" solobaric behind the seat of an 03. It has fiberglass and stuff, but Ill put some pictures up at the end if anyone would like them.

hey make me a 12" box @ 1.25cu sealed that will fit behind the rear seat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

jk i've got an old eclipse aluminum 12" that i'd love to use but there's no way.

You would be surprised at what will fit. The L7 is taking some work, but it is going to fit. If you really do want a box, I can build you one since I have a truck to work with on dimensions and fitting issues.

You would be surprised at what will fit. The L7 is taking some work, but it is going to fit. If you really do want a box, I can build you one since I have a truck to work with on dimensions and fitting issues.
yeah dude lemme know how it comes out. i think im gunna go with 2 10"s. just gotta find some that can handle an x811d and limited space.

You can drill new holes on the seat frame for more space in the back area.. & add some spacer under the seat aslong as you can get proper bolts to replace the others..

Have fun

Im going to finish the frame and stretch fleece tomorrow hopefully, so I should have a couple pictures just to give yall an idea of what Im doing.
any pics yet? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.