Sub Recomendation

Participant count
  • Participant list

Terranova
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CA
I am getting the Alpine CDA-9885, the sub will be going in a 1998 Dodge RAM 1500 SLT, its a 4 door i geuss you could call it. But theres not very much room in the backseat so space is limited and i would like to be able to keep 2 seats open in the back. In your opinion what would be a perfect sub + amp for this. Im lookin to spend about 500 on the 2 but if it can be lower the better. Something that can get pretty loud and not be distorted lol

SQ definately, https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154785b9fb72456/shopdata/0020_Q/product_overview.shopscript i was looking at the Q12 sub, also i take it i need a fairly beefy amp for that as well?
If you want SQ then take a look at my build thread: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27891

This downfiring box has a very nice sound in a truck. It really blends nicely with the front stage and you cannot musically detect where the sub it located.

ok so ive decided on getting the sub i posted, but will it fit in the middle console like you did in your custom build?

ok so ive decided on getting the sub i posted, but will it fit in the middle console like you did in your custom build?
It will fit, but you'll need to make the box larger (most likely). Because their air space requirements range from a .8 - 1.5 cubic feet sealed. If you do end up making it larger, then you might need an upholster to modify the seat cover to fit (make it larger). That shouldn't cost very much and it would keep it stealth. Another option would be to just carpet or vinyl it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.